Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Get the most out of Google
- Use "quotation marks" around any phrase for exact-match searching
- Change the order of your search terms for different results
- Use Advanced Search for more precise searching
Google Search Help Center
Ready reference = quick answers to basic questions. Want to find out how many ounces in pound? What the Canadian $ is worth in US currency? What price a stock is trading at? The Google Help Center has lots of little tools to help with little questions and more.
Have you tried the filter settings on your favourite search engine yet?
Look on the top right or under the top banner of your results list to find out how you can search within your search.
For example, Google lets you refine by:
- Canada-only sites
- Time - last 24 hrs, week, month, year
- Timeline - maps sites by dates
- Shopping sites
- Translated foreign-language sites
- Sites with images