- Off-campus access to many databases & articles is restricted to Capilano University students, faculty and staff.
- You must have a CapU Network log-in.
- You can use Discovery without signing in. However, to see the full text of items, you must Sign in to Discovery via the yellow bar at the top of any results page.
- Once you click on Connect to database, you will be prompted to enter your CapU network log-in information:
- If you don't see the CapU logo, then there is something wrong and you should consult Troubleshooting below.
- If you have fines or outstanding library fees, your database access may be suspended. Log in to My Library or contact the Library at 604-984-4944 to check the status of your account.
- Some of the articles in our databases are available in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. This requires that you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer in order to view and print articles. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader if necessary.
If you have tried everything suggested below and you still cannot connect, Contact Us during the Library's open hours. Leave a message - as long as the Library is open, we will call you back.
All browsers must have cookies enabled. Usually this is the default setting but this might have been changed in your browser. Check your browser's "help" to find out how to enable cookies.
Nonstandard Internet Service Provider (i.e. not Telus or Shaw). Services sometimes have unique settings that interfere with proxy logins. Contact your Internet Service Provider and tell them that you are having problems with proxy access to another site. This might be caused by their default proxy settings, firewall or other local settings.
Pop-up Blocker: If you are using a pop-up blocker, make sure that it is set up to accept the Library's URL.